Sometimes children seem to be born with skills of using modern technologies. Being unable to talk yet, they easily master tablets and smartphones in no time at all. Later, when they grow up, they want to copy their parents and try to communicate through messaging apps.
Unfortunately, even those messaging apps that do not have age restrictions were not designed to be used by children and they prevent parents from being calm. Particularly for this young audience the chat app Marimba was created. It can provide children from 7 to 12 with a chance to communicate and ensure parental control that kids will not even be aware of.
- Marimba app was issued by Marimba Technologies LLC in 2014.
- The app currently runs on iOS.
- The messenger checks the authenticity of new accounts via parental ID in the app. Therefore, a child can sign up to the app only by attaching his account to his parent’s profile.
- Thanks to the connection between accounts, parents can control everything their child does through the app.
- Every parent finds it crucial to be aware of his child’s social circle, the same is about the impact others have on his child. For this reason, the app gives parents access to the contact list of their kid and shows friend requests. Parents can block or confirm a contact or change their mind at any time.
- Parents can read their kid’s chats from their account in real-time mode or can read the archive of message history.
- Social networking and messaging sometimes takes too much of one’s time, especially when it happens near bedtime. It leads to sleep disorders for children. Miramba allows parents to set the time that their children can spend in the chat and afterwards all chats will be blocked. No messages will be sent or received until the chat is unblocked.
- Since not all children have their own smartphones at such an early age, Marimba allows synchronizing parent’s account with that of his child on the same device. Both will have their own password and different functionalities.
- The app has plenty of interesting options, like blocking informal vocabulary, location filters and parent notification.
- Marimba app is certified by the kidSAFE Seal Program – an independent certification service for technologies designed particularly for children.