The first SMS message was first sent out over 23 years ago. Over this period, the function of sending short messages has evolved from an innovation into an integral part of the lives of all smartphone owners. We have to admit that we’ve become accustomed to this function. However, one might wonder what new features SMSs have to offer. Well, cloud messaging app mysms has somehow managed to change everyone’s favorite function for the better by making short messages free and by expanding the range of their possibilities to cover tablets as well as PCs.
- Developed by Up to Eleven
- Available on iOS, Android, Mac, Windows and web browsers.
- The messenger runs on phones, smartphones, computers and tablets
- The app has seen 1-5 million downloads on Google Play
- The service saves and synchronizes all of your message history, allowing you access to it from your favorite mobile device, tablet or personal computer.
- You also can create group chats
- All messages are encrypted and stored on the cloud
- The app has an intuitive design
- Users are offered a selection of colors to personalize the app background and make the former feel more welcome
- A notification goes out to all synchronized devices when you receive a call
- mysms Premium, the app’s paid version, is up for sale. It’s main difference is more convenient call and text management, as well as the opportunity to sync the call logs and emails of two devices on a single one.
- mysms lets users create animated messages by adding images to the composed text.
- This app also supports the exchange of images, videos and audio files.
- mysms works in close cooperation with other cloud services, such as Evernote, Dropbox and Google Drive, so that its users can archive SMS and MMS messages.
- Video calls aren’t featured in the app.
- In 2012, mysms achieved the second place of the Austrian Fast Forward Award.
- German magazine Computer Bild named mysms the winner of their Messenger test.