People often regret what they say wishing to take their words back. While it is impossible to do that if you are speaking with somebody in person, in the world of text messages RakEM (Raketu’s Extended Messenger) offers a possibility to take your words back by simply deleting a message not only from your gadget, but also from the recipient’s device. The messenger is also being positioned as a super-secure unhackable app.
- The application was developed by Raketu Communications Inc. headquartered in New York.
- Available for Android and iOS.
- Number of downloads on Google Play: 10 000–50 000
- Device-to-device technology is applied in the messenger, thanks to which transferred data is not stored anywhere, which protects it from being intercepted by third parties.
- Encrypted data in RakEM includes: message exchange, avatar, general access to files, voice and video calls, caller’s location.
- Text messaging does not involve the central server, instead the messages are sent directly from user to user.
- Text, voice and video communication is reliably encrypted by self-mutating encryption algorithm, which provides every time a new code for the same set of symbols.
- There is no intellectual analysis of transferred data. Therefore a user can be confident that the information he transfers is protected.
- Raketu’s Extended Messenger allows its users to delete messages or message history on their own devide and on the associated users device.
Besides standard functions of calls, video call and text messaging, the app features a possibility to draw. In fact, you can use photos as the background for your drawing.
- There are stickers and animated emoticons in RakEM.
- There is an article on the messenger’s official website titled Why RakEM is more secure than WhatsApp and Snapchat? It is not known why the company decided to compare its product with these two messengers.