Viber, WhatsApp, Skype, etc – these apps pursue just one goal: to help people that are far away from each other to get in touch. Often enough, these people never meet in real life.
The problem here is that most of such chat apps help people stay in touch distantly but in no way do they encourage them to actually meet up.
Look Around Messenger changes the whole thing. It finds chat partners within a hundred meters around, thus stimulating people to meet and chat face to face soon after their first virtual conversation.
● The app was created by Alex Pyasik and published by Atlant Development e.K in early 2015.
● The latest Google Play figures say that the app has seen around 5,000 downloads. By June 2015, the app had 3,000 MAU (monthly active users).
● The major feature of the app is that it allows you to find a chat partner quickly. To locate users, the app uses GPS. After scanning an area of 100 meters around you, it will instantly show you the Look Around users that are currently online within this radius. Thus, you can start chatting to a person first virtually and then – meet up with them right away.
● The service supports Russian, English, Ukrainian and German languages.
● You can send text messages and smileys through the app.
● There are also additional options: private chats, blacklisting for annoying contacts and a functionality for expanding the search area.
● Registration is very simple: a user enters his username, gender and age. He does not have to provide any contact details.
● A user can use enable an age or gender filter when searching in order to cast away contacts that he won’t be interested in.
● Look Around runs only on iOS and Android.
● The app takes app 4-7 MB of your device’s storage space, depending on the OS.
● It does not provide A/V calls.
● Look Around is free to download.
● Apple Watch supports Look Around.