Staying touch with your family and beloved ones, important business negotiations, chatting with friends are the major aspects that Tango Messenger developers put an emphasis on. High quality, fast and, most importantly, free connection using 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi are the strong points of the next generation messaging app, according to the developers. Seems like they made a bet on the right horse when planning the strategy of their brainchild. This is what we will be discussing below.
Tango Review. Major points:
- The IM service was developed in 2009 by TangoME.
- The founders are Uri Raz (CEO) and Eric Setton (CTO).
- The company is headquartered in Mountain View, California.
- The company employs over 160 people. There are offices in Beijing, Austin and Mountain View.
- The active user base is over 200 mn as of March 2014.
- Tango promotes itself as a free application.
- The messaging app is a cross-platform one. Works on iOS, Android, Windows Phone 7, and BlackBerry.
- The PC version of the app is equally popular.
- The app allows instant exchanging text messages, videos, audio messages and photos.
- The messenger supports A/V calls, thanks to which it has become so widely spread.
- All contacts synchronize with the cloud-server. The same happens with message history. This means that if you lose your gadget, the contact list and message history will be preserved.
- Calls are available only within the app and they require Internet traffic.
- You can change chat background and create your own backgrounds for chats, both on your PC and on the smartphone.
- The sign-up procedure requires linking your phone number or the e-mail to the app. The messenger scans your contact list and indicates which of the contacts have the app installed.
- Tango offers quick access to the camera.
- The app does not support photo editing, it does not have filters; however, you can adjust videos in the settings.
- The app allows giving ‘likes’ to your contacts’ media.
- The messenger works on tablet computers and has a tablet-adapted interface.
- It supports games, even when calling.
- You can make and join group chats.
- The maximum number of participants for a group chat is 300 users.
- Tango allows sharing music from Spotify.
- The app marks and shows your location.
- The application has elements of a social network. There is a newsfeed, where users share photos, statuses, music, their score in the games and can subscribe to the accounts they find interesting.
Events to do with the messaging app:
In 2014, the messenger app was given The Best App Ever award in the Google Play Store.
In 2013, Appy Awards complimented Tango Messenger as the best communication app.
About.com also noted Tango as the best app for exchanging text messages in 2013.