On March 19, KakaoTalk marked its 5th birthday
Over this period, the South Korean messaging app managed to find 170 million users, who send about 7 billion messages daily.
[gap height=”5″]KakaoTalk grew from a simple texting app into an enormous multiplatform that covers banking, gaming and cab-hailing services.
Here is how KakaoTalk transformed throughout the years:
- 2010 — Launch of iOS and Android versions
- 2011 — Plus Friend lets you add celebs and follow their news feed
- 2012 — KakaoTalk welcomes gaming and free calls
- 2013 — First 100 million users. Desktop version.
- 2014 — YellowID and secret chat mode added
- 2015 — Secret chat group mode