Following in the footsteps of Telegram (which paid $100 per sticker) and 4talk, Viber decided to announce a contest of their own for designers and animators.
You can sign up for the contest on Talenthouse’s website. The rules say that you don’t need to thoroughly draw perfect stickers – basic sketches are sufficient.
The newly created character must be sociable, expressive and vibery. In order to figure out whether it will work or not you need to test three emotions: sadness, happiness and, of course, in love. Of course, you are not limited to these three and you are at liberty to experiment with any emotion whatsoever.
The official rules state the following:
- Age 18 or older
- Original works (resolution: 300 dpi, upload up to 5MB of JPEG/PNG)
- The character MUST have eyes and a face.
A panel of judges will select the winner, who will receive:
- an opportunity to work together with Viber’s design studio
- royalties for each sold sticker pack
- Viber publicity for the victor, spreading the word of his talents in the field of social networks
The ten handpicked finalists will each be rewarded with $1000. The $500 prize will be awarded to the work that gets the most number of reposts.
The voting kicks off on 15 April, which is also the final deadline for submitting your works. The winner will be announced on 13 May 2015.